© 2023 BSN LIVE, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
As you gather with family and friends this Thanksgiving, take solace in knowing that the Arizona Cardinals also have many reasons to celebrate. From their coach to their quarterback, these Redbirds are off to a historic 9-2 start with their eye firmly set on January football. In the spirit of the holiday season, lets reflect on what’s gone so very right here in the desert that has led to this joyous football season.
Here are 50 reasons the Arizona Cardinals have to be thankful in 2021.
- Thankful for Michael Bidwill and his staunch commitment to GM Steve Keim following a tough stretch of professional and personal decisions (2016-18).
- Thankful for the New York Jets inability to seal the deal when courting Kliff Kingsbury back in 2019.
- Thankful for the USC Athletic Department for graciously allowing Kingsbury to quietly walk away from his OC responsibilities.
- Thankful for this video.
- Thankful that Kyler Murray chose football over baseball.
- Thankful that Keim allowed himself to fall in love with Murray in March of 2019.
- Thankful for the team’s decision to part ways with quarterback Josh Rosen just one-year after selecting the former UCLA Bruin 10th overall.
- Thankful for Kyler Murray’s rookie contract.
- Thankful for the Houston Texans and former HC/GM Bill O’Brien for alienating DeAndre Hopkins.
- Thankful that DC Vance Joseph was given a full three seasons to see his defense blossom into one of the NFL’s top rated units.
- Thankful to the other 31 NFL teams for failing to trade a draft pick for linebacker Jordan Hicks.
- Thankful to country legend Blake Shelton on his relentless free agent pursuit of one J.J. Watt.
- Thankful that Sean Kugler coaches the Arizona Cardinal offensive line.
- Thankful that OLB Markus Golden never actually wanted to leave the desert.
- Thankful that the Minnesota Vikings actually gave up a draft pick for Mason Cole.
- Thankful that Robert Alford never lost faith in his ability to play professional football at a high level.
- Thankful that Justin Pugh willingly took a pay cut in order to stick around for a special season in Arizona.
- Thankful that the Cardinals wisely allowed Kenyan Drake to walk.
- Thankful that the LA Chargers, not the Arizona Cardinals, overpaid center Corey Linsley.
- Thankful that Jon Gruden foolishly traded away Rodney Hudson.
- Thankful for A.J. Green’s 2021 production (538 yards) as opposed to fellow free agent receivers Will Fuller (26 yards) and Curtis Samuel (19 yards).
- Thankful that James Conner wanted to reunite with running backs coach James Saxon.
- Thankful that Marco Wilson threw a shoe.
- Thankful that Rondale Moore fell all the way to pick 49.
- Thankful that Byron Murphy was finally allowed to play outside.
- Thankful that Isaiah Simmons has grown into his role.
- Thankful that Chandler Jones never officially held out for a new contract.
- Thankful that the Ravens didn’t retain Antoine Wesley.
- Thankful that the Arizona secondary responded after the abrupt retirement of CB Malcolm Butler.
- Thankful that Philadelphia Eagles general manager Howie Roseman eventually caved into trading tight end Zach Ertz.
- Thankful for Matt Prater’s right leg.
- Thankful that the Cardinals wisely stashed away Eno Benjamin.
- Thankful for patience when it came to the development of Zach Allen.
- Thankful that the Cardinals, once upon a time, took a gamble in drafting safety Jalen Thompson in the fifth-round of the NFL’s Supplemental Draft.
- Thankful that Max Garcia can play just about any position on the offensive line.
- Thankful for Christian Kirk’s performance in a contract year.
- Thankful for quarterback Colt McCoy’s ability to win on the road.
- Thankful for the great player that Zaven Collins will eventually become.
- Thankful (and hopeful) for a J.J. Watt speedy recovery.
- Thankful for the Seattle Seahawks’ impending implosion thanks to a slew of poor personnel decisions courtesy of Pete Carroll.
- Thankful that Russell Wilson decided to rush back before he was fully healthy.
- Thankful for the LA Rams and their blind faith in a quarterback that was historically buried during the 10am kickoff time.
- Thankful for the LA Rams and their gross overpay for an aging, broken Von Miller.
- Thankful for the San Francisco 49ers and general manager John Lynch in talking head coach Kyle Shanahan out of drafting Mac Jones.
- Thankful for Kyle Shanahan’s failure to play WR Brandon Aiyuk for the first six weeks of the season.
- Thankful for Kyle Shanahan’s blind faith in quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo.
- Thankful that NFL “Power Rankings” are stupid and mean absolutely nothing.
- Thankful that Kliff Kingsbury was able and allowed to grow into an elite NFL head coach.
- Thankful for the return of playoff football here in the desert.
- Thankful for just being f*cking better.
Happy Thanksgiving from PHNX.
Get Arizona's Best Sports Content In Your Inbox!
Become a smarter Arizona sports fan with the latest game recaps, analysis and exclusive content from PHNX's writers and podcasters!
Just drop your email below!